Octium is an insurance group, active internationally in the financial services industry, specialising in the design, structuring and distribution of unit-linked life insurance products for high-net-worth individuals and their families. With our headquarters located in Luxembourg, the insurance companies Octium Life DAC in Ireland, Octium Assurance AG in Liechtenstein with a Branch in Italy and the insurance intermediary Octium International Insurance Agent AG in Liechtenstein and Switzerland, our Group is considered as one of the most innovative solution providers in the market. For more information about us, visit our website www.octiumgroup.com.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Team in Milan on a permanent basis.
- You will ensure adherence to all Global Policies & Standards as well as Italian laws and regulations in the area of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) for theBranch.
- You will provide oversight of the execution of AML responsibilities related to insurance policies booked in Italy, including specifically regulatory requirements issued by IVASS.
- You will report risks for the branch, the results of assessments of risks and controls, and any associated mitigating action plans to senior management.
- Responsible for the managing AML risks of the branch
- Detect suspicious activities and file disclosures to the local FIU
- Manage any requests from the authorities promptly and to our high-quality standards
- Establish a proper process for and ensure the effective operation of sharing client risk within Group
- Ensure adequate training on AML topics for the branch
- Ensure that the first line of defense adheres to the proper standards for client onboarding and KYC review
- Coordinate reviews of the AML Program with internal auditors and external regulators
- Support the entity in all relevant Risk & Control activities
- 5+ years’ experience in an AML role in an insurance company
- 5+ years’ experience in the Italian Insurance industry
- University Degree (Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance / Law) essential or equivalent
- Good understanding of the legal and regulatory environment of the Italian Insurance industry (IVASS)
- Strong relationship management skills supplemented by excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of a robust control environment from a second line if defense perspective
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently, as well as on own initiative
- A sharp & proactive mind-set
- Fluency in English and Italian, other languages are a plus
If you are open for an exciting new challenge, please send us your complete application including your cover letter and CV.
For this vacancy we will only consider direct applications. We are not accepting application documents sent by recruitment agencies.
The personal information you provide in your job application will be treated confidentially at all times and will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation.
Octium Group is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.